Once upon a time...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Oh Lala! Look I'm am posting another blog. Isn't it exciting? I know you have all been waiting in anticipation for more . As I mentioned in my previous post, I am poor at keeping up to date with recording my life. I did say however that I would do this daily/ weekly/ monthly or sporatically, since it was much easier to post a new blog than I had thought it would be may happen more often.
Anyhow, I would lik to share what I've been up to.
Last weekend I decided to write out my "Life List" Zaak, (my most inspiring brother) has a list and because I like to copy those I admire, I too have made my list and plan on fullfilling each thing on it to ensure that I have a life filled with the things that I will enjoy doing.I will write them on here cause I don't yet have a website. I started the list last weekend on the bus from Vancouver to squamish and after looking at Zaaks list this morning I realise we have some similarities, maybe subconsciously I got some ideas from you Zaak.
I have a feeling I will add more as time goes on. I'm super excited because I have no doubt that I will complete at least half of these things and Oh Boy don't they sound like fun?
  1. Grow, maintain and eat from my own vegetable garden. ( Most of my house plants die so this should be a challenge)
  2. Read the entire Bible (so far I have read genesis and exodus)
  3. Compete in a fitness competition ( This is in the process of training the competition date is Nov. 18/ 06 )
  4. visit every country ( even if I just drive thru I have to be on it's ground)
  5. learn to scuba dive
  6. learn ballroom dancing, waltz, tango..
  7. learn to breakdance
  8. become good at the guitar, and pretty good at the piano, at least 1 wind instrument and a brass instrument
  9. write, illustrate and publish a childrens book
  10. have a child and raise it with good morals
  11. buy my own property and home or build the home
  12. make a large scale mosaic
  13. be in a large theatre production
  14. get a tatoo
  15. give tatoos to at least 5 people including Lalitha Ramalingam Taylor.
  16. become a millionaire
  17. Have a website and keep it up for at least one year
  18. learn to cut hair
  19. Start a clothing line with my artwork on it , (eg. underwear and t-shirts)
  20. get my motocycle liscense
  21. Sail for one year
  22. Play as a contestant on a game show
  23. learn to surf
  24. Go spelunking
  25. witness a miracle
  26. get voice lessons to sing better
  27. buy and ride a dirtbike
  28. marry my sweatheart
  29. read 1-4 books a month for 10 years in a row
  30. Run a marathon
  31. Record a cd of songs that I write and perform (minimum 10 songs)
  32. rock climb something I think is substantial eg. Cheif in Squamish
  33. Go "RV"ing
  34. learn 3 other languages besides English and French , One being Sign Language
  35. Keep an unusual animal as a pet
  36. Get my portrait painted for the future generations to enjoy
  37. animate a movie with Zaak for the film festival
  38. Go to a county fair and win a ribbon for something
  39. try 500 flavors of icedcream
  40. appear on a talk show as a guest
  41. take a canoe/kayak trip for longer than a week
  42. go fly fishing
  43. build a mini ship inside a bottle
  44. create a life sized sculpture of a loved one
  45. be an extra in a movie
  46. write and publish a recipe book
  47. Sponsor a child and meet that child
  48. go one month without talking/singing/yelling. ( it helps that I will be learning sign language)
  49. study a martial art
  50. ride an elephant and a camel
  51. swim with dolphins
  52. get my Fire arms certificate and feel confidant firing a gun
  53. go hot air balooning
  54. perform 20 pullups
  55. learn water skiing
  56. witness a cultural ceremony in another country eg. burial, wedding, initiation into manhood..
  57. go heli-boarding
  58. Go dog-sledding
  59. stay at least 1 week in a castle
  60. go to and blend in at a nude beach
  61. go to the top of the statue of liberty
  62. hike up an active volcano
  63. go to mardi gras
  64. attend a burning man festival in nevada
  65. Keep a jounal for a decade, ( mega challenge for me)
  66. raft thru the grand canyon
  67. Make my own soap and candles
  68. attend a grand masquerade party
  69. gat body painted
  70. kiss the blarney stone
  71. go on a cruise
  72. eat greek salad in Greece
  73. see the big heads on Easter Island
  74. Visit pyamids in egypt
  75. Go on Safari
  76. Spend a month at a health spa
  77. invent and patten something
  78. knit asweater and sport that sweater
  79. build a dollhouse from blueprints that my papa designed
  80. ride a unicycle
  81. Stay in an Ice Hotel
  82. Get Photo or film footage of all my accomplished life list items
  83. Walk a labyrinth
  84. visit great cathedrals
  85. Go to an auction where they ramble
  86. dance to live steel drums in the caribbean
  87. Juggle
  88. Swing from a vine and land in water
  89. floss daily for a year at least
  90. be a motivationl speaker
  91. go on an archeological dig
  92. help someone lose 100 lbs and regain their life
  93. eat something that makes me squirm just to be polite
  94. figure skate
  95. Tour Australia, tasmania and New Zealand
  96. Become at peace with my spiritual beleifs
  97. Draw charicatures of my family members
  98. make a book of naturally beautifull people that I meet. 100 Faces, have to be strangers when I take their photos. (Otherwise I'd have everyone I like, you're all so lovely)
  99. See a Las Vegas Show
  100. Tour the Hershey Factory
  101. Get accupuncture and reflexology done on me
  102. Make goat cheese like mamma used to make
  103. Live off the land for 1 year
  104. Live without electricity for 6 months
  105. Have a sticker collection of over 100,000 stickers
  106. Make a sock monkey
  107. Raise sea monkeys
  108. Enter a sand sculpture contest
  109. write 100 poems
  110. have a painting of mine in a gallery
  111. Jog across the Golden Gate bridge
  112. Play in a chess competition
  113. visit all U.S States and canadian Provinces
  114. Drink 3 L of water daily for a good year or longer
  115. Be able to read Braille
  116. Complete a triathalon
  117. maintain a healthy weight and body composition for a lifetime (unless illness revents it)
  118. make my artwork into puzzles

So please if it is within your power to help me accomplish any of these things let me know and maybe we can do them together. I must go eat now. When training for fitness competition one must eat every 2-3 hours. I must not delay lest my muscles shall fade away.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Zaak said…

    If you come to Guatemala, I'll help you accomplish the following:
    #17, #37, #39, #45, #47, #56, #62, #84, #87, #93, #98

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    Great list Sal! You are going to have an adventure filled life accomplishing them all. I'd love to be your doula when you get around to goal #10:)
    And hey I'm wearing my pink flip-flops from you right now AND the shirt you sent - muchas gracias!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home